Regular dental checkups are an important part of maintaining good oral health. Visiting a dentist at least twice a year is the best way to maintain all your teeth. Your regular dental visits will include:
- A thorough oral exam to check the health of your teeth and gums
- An oral cancer screening to spot any suspicious signs early
- A professional cleaning to remove stubborn deposits and make your teeth look and feel great.
Dental Hygiene Tips
Our team knows how important it is to take care of our teeth, which is why we suggest you do the same by performing a dental hygiene routine and attending dental cleanings twice a year. We recommend brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing your teeth at least once a day, and using a fluoride treatment daily. This routine will help you fight bacteria and cavities and will keep you from having horrible toothaches and discomfort. Your health is important to us, and we are here to give you any tips you need to keep it up!
Preventive dentistry is dental care that helps maintain good oral health. It’s a combination of regular dental check-ups along with developing good habits like brushing and flossing. Taking care of your teeth starts early in childhood and extends throughout the course of your life.
- Brush your teeth twice a day-in the morning and before bed-and floss once a day. This removes plaque, which can lead to damaged teeth, gums, and surrounding bone.
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride, which helps prevent tooth decay and cavities. Ask your dentist if you need a mouthwash that contains fluoride or one with ingredients that fight plaque. Look for toothpastes that have been approved by the American Dental Association.
- Avoid foods that contain a lot of sugar. Sugar helps plaque grow.
- Avoid frequent snacking and/or drinking carbohydrates.
- Practice tongue cleaning. You can use a tongue cleaner or a soft-bristle toothbrush, stroking in a back-to-front direction. Tongue cleaning is particularly important for people who smoke or whose tongues are coated or deeply grooved.
- Schedule regular trips to the dentist in order to catch possible dental issue early, rather than waiting until you feel the pain.